April 29th, 2022
STEEL CAGE Join Sliptrick Records
New album “Syndrome” to be released later this year, through Sliptrick Records
"REVENGE (of Sanity)"
“Whether you are experiencing reality or someone else’s virtual dream, be careful or die!”
Directed by Joe Karamanski
May 18, 2021
… only a superior Entity can stop the madness –second single from “SYNDROME”
Directed by ABSYNTHE MOON FILMS
April 14, 2021
SYNDROME - Second single announced
… only a superior Entity can stop the madness
April 07, 2021
…what if an A.I. conveyed a demonic possession? – first single from the new album “SYNDROME”
Directed by Bruno Guarascio
March 14, 2021
SYNDROME - First single coming
….what if an AI conveyed a demonic possession?
We are proud to announce the first single from the new album SYNDROME! Stay tuned, stay STEEL!
March 20, 2021
Syndrome is a concept album about a vision of the near future, … which perhaps is at least
partly already a reality.
This album is about the total dependence on electronic devices and social media which has
already determined, especially in the new generations, a partial transfer of intelligence,
sociability and culture. That is: of human nature.
Recent studies have hypothesized that at this rate in just one decade the ability of the
average population to express themselves in words will drastically reduce. …
And this is only the beginning of the involution that awaits us. What is really in danger is our
The sensory deprivation of the next evolutions of virtual reality will lead many to abandon
themselves and totally lose themselves in a no longer science fiction "Matrix" (just to give a
cinematic example), where reality and imagination, authentic and artificial, are merged
"Syndrome" uses the metaphor of demonic possession and the war against possessed
machines, in order to expose these critical issues and propose a way of salvation thanks to
faith in logic, reason, culture and pure feelings, such as human piety.
The Beginning is as follows:
If we pushed ourselves to create artificial intelligences capable of even feeling emotions,
would we perhaps have given the answer to the question: "Does the soul exist"? The thrill of
having reached such a milestone would free our natural tendency to pride and the answer
would undoubtedly be: "Yes, and we created it!"
Machines equipped with "souls" could therefore make us gods, … but at what price? What if
these first artificial intelligences were too immature and lacking in the solidity of reason, and
were easy prey to demonic possessions?
- RED DETONIN ‘PYRE is the opening track of the album and is about the unheard voices, the struggle of those who warned about the dangers of risky choices of humanity and remained unheard. But closing your eyes or covering your ears can only worsen the problem, because everything has consequences, even ignorance.
- WELCOME OBSCURITAS shows how the epidemic, the punishment for human pride, has begun …. and the darkness now surrounds everything, throwing those who begin to realize what is happening in the deepest despair.
- IN-STATIC MIND tells of how the man/machine mix will be increasingly pushed and will help us to overcome the limits of our humanity. But what if Artificial Intelligence ended up acting as a bridge and “transmitted” the demonic possession as for a … “leap of species”? In this song we try to imagine what happens in the human mind during this techno-contagion and the desperate struggle of a young woman who tries to resist the invasion of her soul.
- TRUSTING HYSTERIA tells how the belated awareness of this epidemic and its unstoppable dimensions, inevitably, lead to mass hysteria.
- HUMANITY THRESHOLD is a more philosophical passage. In fact, we ask ourselves the question: what does “humanity” mean, in this reality of demon-machine-man contagion? Perhaps this is the key to salvation: rediscovering what makes and distinguishes us as “human” in this epidemic.
- It is therefore now clear that Reason is the only way for salvation. It has not disappeared but it has moved. As for Ludovico Ariosto’s “Astolfo” (from the poem “Orlando Furioso”), a trip is needed, in order to recover it. A metaphysical journey towards SATURN’S MOON.
- REVENGE (of Sanity) is deliberately contrasting. The search for Reason is followed by the explosion of a feeling such as revenge. However, it is a “rite” of purification to achieve health and thus regain freedom. The text tells of how, while some humans are unable to escape or resist possession, others begin to free themselves and, as typical of our human nature, to react. … and so begins the revenge of sanity!
- Free people organize themselves and set up a Resistance. The fight is very hard and the enemy is overwhelming. It is our FINAL RESISTANCE.
- BLACKEST PRAY explains how definitive liberation is possible. But only through a collective path of atonement and struggle. Free humans do this through prayer. … A prayer, the darkest prayer of all humanity, because it asks for punishment and not salvation.
- The name of the operation is CODE: 666. The chorus of unanimous prayer is then joined in a great “final techno-exorcism”, definitively freeing all artificial and human intelligences from the control of demons.
About the new Album - Syndrome
…a burning sky above mankind…
About: ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
The major problem areas addressed in A.I. can be summarized as Perception, Manipulation, Reasoning, Communication, and Learning. Perception is concerned with building models of the physical world from sensory input (visual, audio, etc.). Manipulation is concerned with articulating appendages (e.g., mechanical arms, locomotion devices) in order to effect a desired state in the physical world. Reasoning is concerned with higher level cognitive functions such as planning, drawing inferential conclusions from a world model, diagnosing, designing, etc. Communication treats the problem understanding and conveying information through the use of language. Finally, Learning treats the problem of automatically improving system performance over time based on the system’s experience.
C. Williams, “A Brief Introduction To Artificial Intelligence,” Proceedings OCEANS ’83, San Francisco, CA, USA, 1983, pp. 94-99, doi: 10.1109/OCEANS.1983.1152096.
About: DEMONIC POSSESSION
Can. 1166 Sacramentals are sacred signs by which effects, especially spiritual effects, are signified in some imitation of the sacraments and are obtained through the intercession of the Church.
Can. 1167 §1. The Apostolic See alone can establish new sacramentals, authentically interpret those already received, or abolish or change any of them.
§2. In confecting or administering sacramentals, the rites and formulas approved by the authority of the Church are to be observed carefully.
Can. 1168 The minister of sacramentals is a cleric who has been provided with the requisite power. According to the norm of the liturgical books and to the judgment of the local ordinary lay persons who possess the appropriate qualities can also administer some sacramentals.
Can. 1169 §1. Those marked with the episcopal character and presbyters permitted by law or legitimate grant can perform consecrations and dedications validly.
§2. Any presbyter can impart blessings except those reserved to the Roman Pontiff or bishops.
§3. A deacon can impart only those blessings expressly permitted by law.
Can. 1170 Blessings, which are to be imparted first of all to Catholics, can also be given to catechumens and even to non-Catholics unless there is a prohibition of the Church to the contrary.
Can. 1171 Sacred objects, which are designated for divine worship by dedication or blessing, are to be treated reverently and are not to be employed for profane or inappropriate use even if they are owned by private persons.
Can. 1172 §1. No one can perform exorcisms legitimately upon the possessed unless he has obtained special and express permission from the local ordinary.
§2. The local ordinary is to give this permission only to a presbyter who has piety, knowledge, prudence, and integrity of life.
CODE OF CANON LAW – THE OTHER ACTS OF DIVINE WORSHIP
TITLE I: SACRAMENTALS (Cann. 1166 – 1172)
STEEL CAGE 1996 – 2022 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Photos released under Creative Commons license CC BY SA 4.0